El Dorado Hills Juvenile Crime Lawyer
Helping Minors After Juvenile Charges in Northern & Southern California
Has your child been arrested? You need an El Dorado Hills juvenile crime lawyer who understands the exact proceedings your son or daughter will be facing. At every single step of a case, Mr. Cramer can work to protect your child’s rights to help ensure that his or her case is not sent to adult court, to possibly avoid adjudication in the first place, and to help show the juvenile judge that your child did not commit the crime.
Call (916) 999-1187 to set up a free in-person consultation with Mr. Cramer – and find out what can be done to help your child during this difficult time.
Attorney Cramer Understands the California Juvenile Justice System
El Dorado Hills juvenile crime Attorney Cramer can help at any stage of a juvenile case, from the instant a minor is accused of committing a crime.
The process may go as follows:
- A police officer arrests a minor.
- The officer may give the minor a warning, may issue a citation with a notice to appear in court at a later date, or may take the minor to juvenile hall.
- If the minor is taken to juvenile hall, an intake officer at the facility will determine whether to: send the minor home with a citation to return at a later court date, send the minor home with a probation program, or keep the minor at juvenile hall until a judge can review the matter.
- A detention hearing will be held to determine whether the minor should stay at juvenile hall as his or her case proceeds.
- A fitness hearing will be held to determine whether the minor’s case will remain in juvenile court or will be transferred to adult court.
- If the case remains in juvenile delinquency court, the “trial” is referred to as adjudication and will be overseen and decided upon by a judge. There is no jury in juvenile court proceedings.
- If the judge determines that the minor has committed the offense, a disposition hearing will be held. The judge will issue a sentence at this hearing.
Contact the Law Office of David J. Cramer at (916) 999-1187 to learn more.